Need The Website To Be Translated Into Another Language?
Do you need the school website to be translated into another language? No problem! Scroll down to the bottom of this webpage and change the language tab into the language you'd like!
Meal applications, also known as "school lunches", are available NOW!
Applications are accepted at Food Services (15959 E. Gale Avenue, City of Industry) or online.
Please visit www.schoollunchapp.com to register.
Click here to access the food services menu.
You may pay for school lunches at www.myschoolbucks.com or call (855) 832-5226 for assistance.
Attention All 8th Graders!
Interested in applying for a distinguished 8th grade award?
Dr. Joseph Chang Math and Science Scholarship
Two students from each middle school will be selected this year for this award. Please complete the attached application and submit to the Room 29 by April 10, 2017.
Dr. Joseph Chang Math and Science Scholarship Application
Gino Kwok Academic Scholarship for Middle School Students
Mr. Kwok will be providing a generous scholarship to one middle school student. Please complete the attached application and submit to Room 29 by April 10, 2017.
Gino Kwok Academic Scholarship for Middle School Students Application
Wilson High School Foreign Language Placement Test
Come to Wilson to see what level of
Spanish/ Chinese/Korean class you
should take for freshman year.
When: Tues. March 21
Time: 3:00 PM
Room B-06B- Korean
Wilson High Foreign Language Placement Test Flyer
Los Altos High Dance Informational Meeting and Tryout Dates
LAHS Dance Team, Advanced Dance, and Intermediate Dance Auditions
Mandatory Information Meeting: 3/21 at 4:00 PM in A2.
- You will receive all information and paperwork at the meeting.
Mandatory Dance Clinic Dates: 4/20 and 4/21, 3:30-5:30
Audition Date: 4/22, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Please email Kelsey Brennan if you have any questions: Kbrennan@hlpusd.k12.ca.us
Parent School Climate Survey: Your Voice Matters!
8th Grade Promotion Dance Committee Meeting
Please join us! All 8th grade parents welcome.
LCAP Priorities- Parent Input Meetings
Parents your input is highly valued as we strengthen implementation of Local Control Funding (LCFF) and LCAP to benefit students needs at HLPUSD.
You are invited to attend one of our meetings:
SSC meetings on March 15th and April 26th @ 2:45 PM
PTO Meeting @ 8:30 AM on March 17th
ELAC @ 8:30 AM on March 28th.
For more information, please see the attached letter.
Parent LCFF & LCAP Letter
Mesa Robles Middle School Science Olympiad 1st Place Winners!
On Saturday, March 4th, the Mesa Robles Middle School Science Olympiad took first place in the Los Angeles County Science Olympiad Regional Tournament. The team worked hard to medal in 18 events and will advance on to the State Science Olympiad Tournament on Saturday, April 8th at CalTech.
We are extremely proud of our students, who worked hard and dedicated over 100 hours to studying, engineering, and performing science experiments.
The students have participated in many Invitationals, both in Southern and Northern California to hone their Science skills. Mesa was proud to Co-Host an invitational this year with Wilson High School and was pleased to be the middle school host to teams from Hawaii and Northern California, as well as teams from San Diego, Orange, San Bernardino Counties, as well as the Inland Empire.
Calendar of Events
|2/15 to 4/26
7th & 8th Grade Students
Mondays & Wednesdays
||ELAC 8:30 am
||CAASPP Testing Begins
||SSC/SDM Meeting 2:45 pm
7:30 AM - 12:00 PM
|Willow Adult School
||ELAC 8:30 am
||SSC/SDM 2:45 pm
Summer School Course for Current 6th & 7th grade Students
TDAP for incoming 7th grade
Current 6th grade students will need to submit Tdap proof before entering 7th grade for the 2017-2018 school year.
All students entering, advancing or transferring into 7th grade will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster immunization (called “Tdap”) before starting school. This requirement applies to all public and private schools. The requirement was signed into law in 2010.
The Tdap requirement affects all incoming 7th grade students in California, so it’s important to avoid the back-to-school rush and to get our children vaccinated now. Tell other parents with children in the 6th grade about the requirement and encourage them to schedule the shot early, before summer.
HLPUSD Information Flyer- English
HLPUSD Information Flyer- Spanish
7th & 8th Grade students
February 15, 2017 to April 28, 2017
Mondays and Wednesdays, from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Your student’s Algebra Academy class will soon begin studying an Algebra Unit in order to prepare for the high school Integrated Math courses and Advanced Math courses. This is a great after school opportunity provided by the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District. Our district goal is to ensure that all students are prepared for the transition from middle school mathematics into high school advanced mathematics, which are more rigorous. Students will practice many different algebra and geometry skills which include solving equations, graphing linear equations, solving systems of equations, and making connections to real-world math problems. Furthermore, students will be learning more about the 8 Standards of Mathematical Practice, which are essential in the new California State Math Standards.
Space is limited.
Algebra Academy permission Slip
Algebra Academy Flyer
Middle School Yearbook on Sale Now!
Early Bird Yearbook Special for Middle School Students only.
The first 200 students who purchase a yearbook will receive a free drawstring bag.
$40.00 until March 1, 2017
Middle School Yearbook order form
Mesa Robles is excited to announce that we will begin using the REMIND app as another way to communicate important information to our parents! REMIND allows us to send messages to our parents via text messaging so you are able to receive notifications anywhere, anytime! All you need to do is follow the steps below to enroll and start receiving message:
- Text message to 81010 the following message:
- Mesa Robles Elementary (Grades K-5): @mesaelem
Mesa Robles Middle (Grades 6-8): @mesamiddle
- Wait for confirmation text that you are registered, follow the directions prompted in the text message.
If you have students in more than one grade-level, follow the above steps for each. It's that easy!
Principal: Mrs. Horseman
Assistant Principal: Dr. Chavez
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Kane
Counselor: Mrs. Dugan
Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA): Mrs. Jimenez
Office Manager: Socorro Gutierrez
Office Assistant: Veronica Gallardo
Office Assistant: Marisol Arevalo
Office Hours: Monday- Friday from
7:30 AM- 4:00 PM
16060 Mesa Robles Dr.
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
FAX: (626) 855-3827
HLPUSD'S 7 District Goals
1. Continuum of Cognitive Rigor – Depth of Knowledge
- Instruction and assessment at all Depth of Knowledge levels
- Students engage in cross-curricular learning activities and integrated performance tasks that embed the 3 R’s:
Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships
2. Literacy in All Content Areas
- Reading and writing strategies taught in all content areas
- Appropriately complex and rigorous reading material in all classes
- Students respond to questions, citing evidence from text
- Students write argumentative and informative essays, citing evidence from text and additional resources
3. Mathematics for Conceptual Understanding and Procedural Fluency
- Essential Learning Standards
- Explicit connection to the 8 Math Practice Standards
- Students engage in performance tasks and assessments to demonstrate a progression of mathematical skills & reasoning
4. Instructional Lesson Design reflects the 4 C’s: Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, & Creativity
- Collaborative Structures
- Layers of Facilitation
- Gradual Release of Responsibility (GRR)
- Next Generation Learning
- Essential Understanding and Questions
5. Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Equity and Access
- Behavioral and Academic RtI
- Restorative Practices
6. Career Technical Education Pathways (CTE)
- College and Career Readiness (CCR) exploration and preparation
- Instruction emphasizes 21st Century workplace skills:
- 7 Survival Skills: Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Adaptability, Entrepreneurship, Communication, Accessing Information, Creativity
7. Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math (STEAM)
- Integration of STEAM in Math/Science instruction to prepare students for college and career success in STEAM fields
School Policies and Procedures